We Dig Chemainus Christmas Edition 2018
Time for our third annual Holiday gardening quiz!
Are you ready? Carols playing in the background, friends on hand to help! Enjoy!
- What is the latin name of the Christmas rose?
- What plant family do Poinsettiasb elong to?
- What are Frankincense and Myrrh made from?
- Which nuts are no longer deemed safe enough to be sold in their shells in Europe?
- What is the name given to the technique ofl clipping trees and hedges into ornamental shapes?
- Galanthus is one of the first flowers to appear in spring, what is its common name?
- What fruit was cultivated by crossing a raspberry and a blackberry?
- Every year, Lunenburg County, Nova Scotia, produces and sh;ips thousands of which essential Christmas item?
- What flower changes colour from blue to pink according to the amount of acid in the soil?
- There is a flower with a charming name that makes us think of Christmas.however…it doesn’t bloom at Christmas…what is it?
Answers: 1 Helleborus Niger 2 – Euphorbia 3 – Dried tree resin 4 – Brazil 5 – topiary 6 – snowdrop 7 – loganberry 8 –Christmas trees 9 – Hydrangea 10 – Star of Bethlehem
Have a very Happy Holiday, Hoe, Hoe, Hoe!
Happy New Year from all of us at Chemainus Communities in Bloom