Time for our second annual Holiday gardening quiz!
Are you ready? Feet up, your favourite beverage at hand…here we go…
- What do laburnum seeds and mistletoe berries have in common?
- Which cereal must be grown in water?
- What is another name for the Rowan tree?
- A kumquat is a small Japanese variety of what fruit?
- The Death Cap is the most poisonous variety of what?
- Which part of a flowering plant is often used to make oil?
- What is the popular name for the Antirrhinum?
- What color would you expect the flowers to be if a plant had the word “rubra” or “sanguine” in its name?
- What do I have in my garden bucket if I just dug up several pounds of earth apples?
- What is the national fruit of India, Pakistan and the Philippines? It makes a delicious juice?
Answers: 1 – poisonous 2 – rice 3 – Mountain Ash 4 – orange 5 – mushroom 6 – seed 7 – snapdragon 8 – red 9 – potatoes 10 – mango
A big THANK YOU, once again, to those happy elves who have decorated the trees at the Oak St traffic circle and to all our supporters who honk and wave when we are working around town.
Have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS, Hoe, Hoe, Hoe! and Happy digging in the NEW YEAR!
From all of us at Chemainus Communities in Bloom